I export a report from IB in QFX format* either when I have transactions or at the end of each month, and import it on GnuCash.  It almost works perfectly, occasionally I have to fixup the account references for dividends.  IB automatically provides reasonable non-conflicting filenames for the QFX exports too. (AcctNum_StartDate_EndDate.qfx)   It has been a while since I had multi-currency transactions, but I don't remember it being an issue.

I used to have IB autogenerate and email the reports to me - they would come as CSV, but dealing with duplicated transaction lines in that method was more tedious than using the QFX method.

* - Performance & Reports, Statements, Quicken Web Connect; then select the date range you need.

On 2/4/24 12:11, Jim DeLaHunt wrote:
On 2024-02-04 01:56, km22 via gnucash-user wrote:

Hi Gnucash Users,

Does anyone on this mailing list have a method for importing
transactions from Interactive Brokers (IBKR) to GnuCash? (Especially
multi-currency users.)

I currently enter all transactions manually but would like to explore
ways of importing transactions.

Me too! I have Interactive Brokers accounts in two currencies. While the volume of transactions is low enough that I can keep up by hand entry, I would like to learn a more automated method.

I encourage contributions to the list and/or GnuCash wiki, not just individual emails to the original poster.

Best regards,
    —Jim DeLaHunt