I think the OP's issue is the fact that Calc does not preserve the red
coloring of the negative numbers.  The red coloring of the negative numbers is
something *GnuCash* is doing as a "good accounting practice", but the Calc is
not doing.

At Sat, 9 Mar 2024 18:13:04 -0600 adrien.montele...@lusfiber.net wrote:

> 1. Export Report
> 2. Open Calc
> 3. Open the report file in Calc. Result is the report imported into
> cells based on the html table.
>
> or
>
> 1. Export Report
> 2. Open Calc
> 3. Click 'Sheet' Menu, then 'Insert Sheet from file...' and select the
> exported report file. Answer the dialogs, result is same as above.
>
> or
>
> 1. Run Report in GnuCash
> 2. Select All
> 3. Copy
> 4. Open Calc
> 5. Paste, result is same as above
>
> In none of these cases is a web browser involved. (save for the Webkit
> rendering within GnuCash, if you want to be pedantic about browser engines)
>
> I just tried all three, and in each case, there is no change in font or
> alignments.
>
> Perhaps your issues involve whatever intermediary (browser) you are
> involving that is unnecessary.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
> On 3/9/24 10:41 AM, Abe Sternberg wrote:
> > I guess I am a bit dense - old age will do that to you.  Let me try and
> > be a bit more specific on my actions and the errors I get. Below is a
> > screenshot of a budget performance report in GnuCash.
> >

> > Next, I export it to the folder I want it in and open it in Calc. The
> > file opens in a browser tab, and I cut and paste the data into Calc.
> > Notice the different colors used.
> >

> > I wonder why the colors are there in the first place instead of the
> > expected black.  The negative numbers being in red is good accounting
> > practice.  Look at what happens when I copy them into Calc.  Once
> > again
> > I get a shift in colors and the negative numbers are not in red and
> > cannot be changed using cell format.  Is the problem in GnuCash or in
> > Calc?

Robert Heller             -- Cell: 413-658-7953 GV: 978-633-5364
hel...@deepsoft.com       -- Webhosting Services