On 06/05/2024 23:19, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
4.x introduced a better 'type ahead search' in that field if I'm not mistaken, which could be why you see a discrepancy between 3.8 & 4.8.

You can still use the old method either directly by typing the beginning of the full account path with separators like before to speed things up, or just start typing something matching the desired account and the list will be limited accordingly.

There is also a global preference I believe to use the old behavior. (pre 4.x)

If this isn't what you are describing, then please excuse the noise.

Thanks for the reply.

I've had a hunt through all the preference stuff, but can't see anything that looks relevant. Maybe it's too obvious to spot :-{

Account completion works, but doesn't really help if you can't remember the account name!

But to reword/clarify my issue.....

Working with 4.8, I have two separate accounts files. One of them shows a dropdown list of accounts on clicking in in the Transfer field, the other doesn't. There seems no reason the behaviours should be different.

The latter shows either for an existing transaction the highlighted current contents or for a new transaction, initially blank (highlighted plus a down-arrow) then the first account from the accounts tree with an up-arrow when clicked.

On 3.8 I always get a dropdown accounts list.

(BTW considered comments are never noise IMO)

Thanks again.

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England