On 07/05/2024 16:44, John Ralls wrote:
IIRC this was a bug having to do with computing the box size for the list on
certain window managers. It took Bob Fewell several tries to get it fixed so
unfortunately the fix is to upgrade. You may be able to use the 4.13 .deb from
the Debian Archive, see
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Debian#Using_the_Debian_Archive.

Regards,
John Ralls

That could explain things. Unfortunately, I can't (readily) install 4.13 on mint - even the latest mint 21.3 has libraries too old for the deb's off the website. But thanks for the info - at least I can look forward to the next mint upgrade that should sort things. Meanwhile, I can muddle through :-{

Thanks to you and to Adrien for replying.

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England