Best regards

Paras
________________________________

01-Jun-2024 11:53:59 am sunfis...@yahoo.com<mailto:sunfis...@yahoo.com>:

Thanks for the insights. For the record, the app you're intending to reference
is "skrooge" not "skoorage".

David T.
On Jun 1, 2024, at 8:20 AM, Paras Desai
<desaipa...@outlook.com<mailto:desaipa...@outlook.com>> wrote:

On 31-05-2024 20:46,
gnucash-user-requ...@gnucash.org<mailto:gnucash-user-requ...@gnucash.org> wrote:
 Re: [GNC] Adding ASSETS & LIABILITIES to sub accounts

My two cent on the topic 😛

Before I zeroed in to GNU Cash for my personal finance accounting, I
evaluated many open source softwares like Money manager Ex, Skoorage,
Kmymoney and likes and eventually I decided to settle in GNC for
multiple reasons.

However, I remember one feature (either in skoorage or Kmymoney), which
has a feature of grouping Chart of Accounts (COA) Institution wise.

While posting the transaction, one can select the Institution and
transaction flows in that institution. While generating report, one can
generate report for all Institutions or for an individual institution.

Now, this “Institution” can be an either a family member, or a company
or a company business division.

This feature is very relevant, if one wishes to monitor family finance
along with individual finance, or separate business line finance.

So configuration can be like Family (All Institutions)-->
Institution1(family Member 1) + Institution2(Family member2) and so on.

GNC manages accounts as an individual file. So, to achieve above, if a
report can be developed to combine multiple files (Accounts) to generate
a report !

Of course, this is a suggestion of a layman, without giving cognizance
to the technicality involved and basic software structure of the GNC and
limitations.

I just thought of sharing this idea, when I came across the discussion
on the topic.

With my best regards

Paras