Mission accomplished! Thanks for all of the advice/help.

I have a clean install of v5.6 with my financial data imported and a new
install of Strawberry Perl. A new installation of Finance::Quote has
cleared up whatever corrupted the price database and the online quote
fetching process. Everything seems to work now. Thanks again for the
assistance.

Best,
Steve