I think you should open bugs for the crash and the hang, though I’m not sure
that I can easily fix either of them.

The crash is clearly a call to g_strdup() with a nullptr, but I can’t figure
out from the stack trace where that might be.

For the hang I take it that you’ve killed to two instances of GnuCash and
started over, but from this letter that you can reliably reproduce the hang. I
can’t with a simple book and a simple SX, so I’ll need more detail. It would be
helpful if you can attach a spindump (select GnuCash in ActivityMonitor, in the
toolbar click the circle with … in it and select Spindump from the resulting
context menu) to the bug report.f

Are you closing the Scheduled Transaction Editor tab between uses or just
clicking different SXes to edit?  While I’m able to edit two SXes at once it
doesn’t seem from your description that that’s what you’re doing.

Regards,
John Ralls