Sorry, John,

I failed to follow-through on this because of family illness. I did get as far
as taking a backup of the Gnucash file from before the crash, so if it’s still
relevant I can make time to experiment with it, but I see there were some
problems with a more recent release, and it may be water under the bridge now.

Please let me know if it’s still worth reporting.

Regards,

Michael