Hi Geoff! Thank you so much for your response and between you and Stephen,
I can see that the majority of my questions have been answered.

I have uninstalled both GC and Strawberry Perl and downloaded the two
source files again from their respective sites.
GC installed quite easily, as it did the first time around.
This time, rather than go through the documentation to install SP, I did
the install from the Strawberry Perl site, which did go a lot faster this
time around.

However, on starting GC up again and moving to the Security Tools/Edit
Security to update one of my Stocks, the Warning message "Warning:
Finance::Quote not installed properly." and the Get Online Quotes is
undetectable.

In scouring the message threads for an inkling of how to install F::Q I did
find a lot of similar problems listed for Apple/Mac users which sadly does
not help me as a Windows user.

I tried a solution suggested on an August 2024 message
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2023-August/108274.html

which suggested trying *gnucash-cli* to check if there is an issue ---
Powershell produced this
PS C:\Users\kurri> gnucash-cli --quotes dump asx BHP
Price retrieval failed: Failed to initialize Finance::Quote:
missing_modules Finance::Quote

So I am assuming I need to load F::Q as a separate upload as the "Install
Online Price Retrieval for GnuCash" process did not appear to load it.
It would be great if a search produced a succinct response that addressed
"how to install F::Q in a Windows environment" without segueing into
computer speech using greps and such.

Any pointers you can give me?

Megan Tilley
megan.til...@gmail.com
0409 949 717

-------
"He who laughs last probably made a backup."
-------