Hopefully this info will help someone that has been struggling with this issue...

I recently abandoned Windows (after 40 years) and moved to Linux as my "Daily Driver".  I had used Synology's Active Backup for Business to backup my desktop PC's to my Synology NAS and was happy as a lark.  Trying to install the desktop client for that program on a Linux PC was problematic at best.  I finally gave up.

After using other solutions for several weeks I stumbled on the fact that Synology had another program called Synology Drive that you could download from their website.  Lo and behold the desktop client came in a Linux version that downloaded and installed simply & flawlessly.  The client provides all the bells & whistles including scheduled automatic backup to your NAS. Obviously you could continue to use Hyper Backup to backup your NAS to the cloud and complete the 3-2-1 backup strategy that I had been using.

If everyone else here already knew all this, I'm sorry to have wasted your time.

One Happy Camper