I've run this report quite a bit in the past, but have been derelict in my budgeting lately.

I just ran it as a test.

Yes, it shows the start of the budgeting period.

That seems pretty normal to me, especially if you are showing multiple periods. It makes sense to show when the budget period begins. An ending date doesn't tell you much. (*when* do you start implementing the budget??) Budgeting is more of a thing you begin, and maybe revise and start again as of another date.

If you don't care for this, as noted by Stan, export to spreadsheet and adjust the date, or just format that cell as a date and have it only show the name of the month. Either would accomplish the goal.

If you'd prefer to script it, the report is just HTML when you save/export it, so that should be rather easy.

Regards,
Adrien

On 9/17/26 4:17 PM, Larry E wrote:
Hi.  I am relatively new to gnucash and am using it for our HOA.
I have a question about Budget Reporting.   I tried unsuccessfully to look 
online for an answer.

When I run a Budget Report, the date the appears on the report is the start of 
the Accounting Period.
I have to present this to our Board of Directors on a monthly basis and would 
like the date to represent the date I create the Budget report.  Is this 
possible?   The data in the report is up-to-date.  I'm afraid the date shown 
will confuse them.

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Reply via email to