Hi,

I have been reading a book about openPGP and have installed GnuPG. I have successfully created a keypair and have created a revocation certificate. But when I try and send my key to a keyserver with the command:

gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --send-keys myem...@mydomain.com.au

i get an error:

gpg: "myem...@mydomain.com.au" not a key ID: skipping

I dont know why this happens as this is the email address I used when creating the keypair and gpg printed that this address was part of my User ID. I tried another command:

gpg --output pubkey.myem...@mydomain.com.au.gpg.asc --armor --export myem...@mydomain.com.au

this worked and printed my public key to a text file. I have no idea why it is not accepting my email as part of my user id when I try and send keys to the keyserver.

caleb.