Of course, I could use other software if I don't like this one, but the question
is "wouldn't it be convenient to add a simple commandline option to GPA to
import a key".

For commandline usage, you can simply use GnuPG directly:

$ gpg2 --import pubkey.asc

GPA is a GUI frontend to GnuPG. Commandline support is already in GnuPG and
doesn't need to be in a GUI frontend.

I could do that, but I believe for most users it would be much more convenient to see a graphical window of a familiar program with the user's name and email address and a confirmation dialog, instead of seeing a terminal saying "I've already imported it" (or not even seeing it, because I think it would normally close immediately after the program has finished running).

I know how keys work; I've been using it at work for a long time. And I usually import the keys from email attachments, which I know are correct, because I've helped them set up PGP and I've created their email account. I just want to be able to have them imported with simply opening them with GPA and not have to save them somewhere, then look for them in the "Import keys..." dialog, and then delete them.

I've submitted this along with other bugs and wishlist items to gnupg-devel, but it seems that those have not yet been approved by the moderator (though almost a week has passed since the first report). I wanted to hear what do they have to say before creating the bug reports, but now I've submitted all of the "bugs" I wanted to report on bugs.gnupg.org (issues 2178, 2179, and this one - 2180).

--
darkpenguin