Got a negative experience for you.  I tried upgrading from a
elatte-unstable install to no avail, reinstalled to 2.0/hardy alpha2,
then tried upgrading again, only to get to the same unbootable state.
Here's the primary failure at boot:

SunOS Release 5.11 Version NexentaOS_20081024 32-bit
NOTICE: error reading device label
NOTICE:
  *  This device is not bootable!                   *
  *  It is either offlined or detached or faulted.  *
  *  Please try to boot from a different device.    *
NOTICE: spa_import_rootpool: error 19
Cannot mount root on /[EMAIL PROTECTED],0/[EMAIL PROTECTED],1/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED],0:a fstype zfs

panic[cpu0]/thread=fec1e2a0: vfs_mountroot: cannot mount root

fec37674 genunix:vfs_mountroot+324 (fec47930, fec33468,)
fec37684 genunix:main+bf ()

Also worth noting that when I tried to dist-upgrade from
elatte-unstable, the first thing it did was kill dpkg:

Preparing to replace dpkg 1.13.22nexenta10 (using
.../dpkg_1.14.16.6nexenta6_solaris-i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement dpkg ...
ld.so.1: dpkg: fatal: libintl.so.8: open failed: No such file or directory
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg exited unexpectedly

Luckily a symlink saved me from being completely dead in the water.

Thomas