Quoting Erast Benson <er...@gnusolaris.org>:

Guys,

thanks to new AutoBuilder, NCP2 repository hit mark of 8000 packages:

r...@gnusolaris:~# apt-cache stats
Total package names : 12213 (489k)
  Normal packages: 7975
  Pure virtual packages: 78
  Single virtual packages: 885
  Mixed virtual packages: 72
  Missing: 3203

However, number of "missing" packages is growing. This creates greater
delta which we need to address before 2.0 GA.

I suggest that now instead of continuing work on quantity we should
concentrate on quality a bit more and try to identify most "needed"
packages, fix them first... I bet that if we identify such "needed"
packages, it will be somewhat around 100, the rest of "missing" will
just built by AB.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that we need to pay attention to
"missing" counter..

Thoughts?

What would be the best way to find what missing packages are required the most?

A couple quick questions about the autobuilder - first of all, does it try to SMF-ify packages using the available scripts? (And if not, is there any way to see which software does need to be smf-ified?) How does it handle packages that were manually built and uploaded that it encounters and builds itself? Finally, is there any way, for the packages which do not build automatically, to add scripts or diff files to the autobuilder system to allow them to be built properly (or smf-ified for that matter)?