OK, I started working on the NSSound side of of the reimplementation
(already finished the Source and Sink protocols) today.  I'm pretty much
implementing this in the manner I explained in my previous e-mails.  I've
attached a text file with some excerpts from NSSound.h and NSSound.m.  I'd
like the maintainers to take a look at the ivar setup, I saw something like
this in the Apple docs and thought it was a good way to mask some of the
interworking of the implementation.  Another thing to look into is the way
I'm using the NSConditionLock to block the streaming thread.

PS: Please note all the FIXME tags.... I just started working on this and
have not even checked to see if it compiles, I just need to know I'm going
in the right direction before going further.

Thanks
Stefan