Hi Gregory,

Am 25.05.2015 um 14:45 schrieb Gregory Casamento <greg.casame...@gmail.com>:

> Forwarded to list... I forgot to add the list on this reply.

you describe exactly the reasons why I switched QuantumSTEP and Small WebKit to
git more than a year ago:

http://git.goldelico.com/?p=mySTEP.git;a=summary
http://git.goldelico.com/?p=swk.git;a=summary

I don’t regret this change.

There are subtle differences between git and svn which make life much easier
with git - after investing quite some time to learn how to work with git.

About branching: I use private branches often with git and merge things until
they are pushed out to the (single branch) public repository.

One more thing to note is the git-format-patch tool. This allows to safely
share patches through e-mail for discussion. And locally applying them with git
am is very easy and quite failure proof (and does not loose information).

So I would be in favour of having GNUstep to use git as well. Maybe this might
even make exchanging patches with QuantumSTEP / SWK easier. Or even rejoin SWK.

BR,
Nikolaus