On Mon 29 May 2017 at 07:59, David Chisnall <thera...@sucs.org> wrote:

> On 28 May 2017, at 22:57, Ivan Vučica <i...@vucica.net> wrote:
> >
> > - As the conversion will involve correcting the author usernames to be
> > up to spec, and as the conversion will include the remainder of the
> > branches and tags, the COMMIT HASHES WILL CHANGE. Linking existing
> > mirror's commit hashes to the newly converted Git hashes will be done
> > on a best-effort basis.
>
> Is it possible to use git-imerge’s rebase-with-history to address this?
> There are a number of forks of the GitHub GNUstep repos and it would be a
> shame to break all of them.  The old email addresses have been public in
> the github mirror for a long time, so it’s not really a privacy issue to
> keep them for a while.

I was going to write a tool to create git replace refs or grafts based on
commit descriptions. If there is an easier way to do this, I'm all for it :)

When it comes to email addresses, they are mostly collected from the change
log file so I don't see this as a privacy issue. They have not otherwise
really been on GitHub in the commit headers.

> David
>
> --
Sent from Gmail Mobile on iPad