Hi,

On 29/10/2017 18:05, Matt Rice wrote:
I would change it something to the effect of:
"When submitting via a mailing list include your ChangeLog entry in
the contents of your email rather than in the diff."

I second that. I like to apply the patch as-is, test it and have a "ready" change log entry to copy&paste, however a changelog "diff" creates most often a conflict, since a time and other changes might have mixed in, as well as I might have reviewed or modified the patch itself. In other words, I'd like to know what I am am patching, but a material diff to ChangeLog is a nuisance.

Riccardo