Hi,

On 04/02/2020 22:15, Sergii Stoian wrote:
Clear explanation, thank you. It is a usual case when image contains more bytes than image size (width * height)?
I feel we need to return back old code with your explanation in comment.
What do you think?

I don't know about "this" specific image case, but generally speaking yes.

Cocoa does this now (since 10.6 at least) quite aggressively, so "bytes per row" is not necessary width * samplesPerPixel. In GNUstep i have not noticed that.

So I had to fix quite some image processing code (e.g. PRICE, LaternaMagica) which worked fine in GNUstep and on 10.4 Mac. I guess it is done for optimization, address alignment for various reasons.

Riccardo