It appears that I am able to change it from a unc path to a file protocol
path to get the slashes the other direction and it does work. I'm not sure
there is a specific reason but it actually seems to shave about 5 seconds
off the time to pull the resources in.

If this isn't a concern for anything else, I think I'm ok, it just might be
helpful to Windows installs if there is a note that UNC paths no longer
work and to use file://path instead.

Thanks!