Valmiki's loss is irreplaceable not just to Goa but to me personally. A dear
friend, who remained so over the years, it was he who encouraged me to write
seriously about 18 years ago and got me my first writing assignment at Heraldo
Goa. His knowledge about Margao was encyclopaedic and at any given point he was
working on a Margao book which sadly did not come to fruition. But he was very
proud of his latest publication by Penguin India. I chatted with him over email
just a week ago, his response right on top of my inbox. His demise is shocking
and leaves a huge hole in all our lives.
In condolence,Selma
    On Thursday, 5 October 2023 at 13:12:29 BST, fredericknoronha