I hope University of Goa establishes a Journalism Award named after Valmiki Faleiro.
John M. de Figueiredo

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 5, 2023, at 8:12 AM, fredericknoronha <fredericknoro...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry to be the harbinger of bad news, one of our active members of this group -- Valmiki Faleiro -- passed away suddenly this afternoon (Thursday, Oct 5, 2023). This came about due to a heart attack this afternoon. The news came as a shock here.
Valmiki was active in the world of journalism from the 1970s, and has been an author since 2010. His third book Goa, 1961 was published in New Delhi recently and was getting widely noticed.  Valmiki was about 70. Just to share the initial news on this group. Funeral details are awaited.