From: goa-research-net@googlegroups.com <goa-research-net@googlegroups.com> On
Behalf Of Frederick Noronha
Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2023 5:24 AM
To: goa-research-net@googlegroups.com
Cc: John de Figueiredo <johnde...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [GRN] Villages names

Both are what is today known as Merces:
...Merces, comprises of four old villages: Murda, Morombim-o-Pequeno, Renovadi
and Morombim-o-Grande...
https://www.navhindtimes.in/2021/03/21/magazines/panorama/kujira-from-a-trading-port-to-a-rice-granary/#google_vignette
FN

On Sat, 18 Nov 2023 at 15:41, alan machado
<alan.macha...@gmail.com<mailto:alan.macha...@gmail.com>> wrote:
John

They belonged to two different parishes
Morambi (Morambim) o Grande                       Sta. Bárbara
Morambi (Morambim) o Pequeno                     N.ª Sr.ª das Mercês

Alan