“The batkars and collaborationists trembled, and fell into the arms of Salazar in Lisbon.”
I did not know that Dr. Rama Hegde, who spent years in jail in Portugal, Dr. Morto’ Dessai, and Dr. Vamona Sinari, all of whom chose to leave Goa and go to Portugal, were “batkars” and “collaborationists”.
John
Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 26, 2023, at 8:46 AM, 'Nuno Cardoso da Silva' via Goa-Research-Net <goa-research-net@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Pedro,

Our hatred of Hindus and Hinduism is well known...

Covid-19: Comunidade Hindu de Portugal assustada com impacto social e  económico

You may have seen this beautiful building in Lisbon...

All the best

Nuno

Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2023 at 10:50 AM
From: "'Pedro Mascarenhas' via Goa-Research-Net" <goa-research-net@googlegroups.com>
To: "goa-research-net@googlegroups.com" <goa-research-net@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [GRN] Goa, 19/12/1961: The Portuguese constitution of 1933 and the Indian constitution of 1950

Not one sentence about the fascism of the ditador provinciano, Salazar, and not one sentence about colonialism. There is a lot of envy when talking about India: One of the world's great economies, and……a nuclear and space power.

(……The majority of Goans liked Portugue people, as they were treated as equals……)

Is not true. And the hindus? Read statements from the LEGALLY elected chief minister of Goa, Pramod Sawant :- «Signs of the centuries-long colonial Portuguese occupation should be “wiped away” from Goa, according to the chief minister of India’s most popular coastal tourist destination. Pramod Sawant made the comments in a fiery speech on Tuesday in reaction to claims that Hindu temples were destroyed in the state during Portuguese rule».

(….In 19 thDecember 1961, there was more fear than joy…….)

True, the badkars and collaborationists trembled and fled into the arms of Salazar in Lisbon.

(….leave the "rich"India and be able to get decent jobs in Europe…..)

Decent ? The life of Goans working in the UK is not the bed the bed of roses as it is assumed, they have to face a lot of challenges while working and staying there. Right from the cost of living to the work environment is very harsh there compared to our country, but despite of that they still prefer to migrate to the European Countries with the help of Portuguese Passport. Here in this piece of article, we have tried to put some light on the challenges faced by Goans living in the UK.  (1)

Employment Rate: India- 7.1% ;  Spain: 11.84 % , Euro Area : 605 %. (2)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Macau and Hong Kong integratiion in China only shows that an expansionist country

TRUE. China is COMMUNIST. The colony was expanded further in 1898 when the United Kingdom obtained a 99-year lease of the New Territories.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I will not waste any more time arguing because the Indian flag flies high in Goa. We should not beat the defeated.

Finally, let   me wish you all a merry Christmas ana happy New Year.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(2)   https://tradingeconomics.com/country-list/unemployment-rate.