Pedro,

Since you seem to be under the impression that Portuguese people in general dislike and discriminate against people from India, I would like to remind you that there are almost 35,000 Indian citizens legally living in Portugal, as well as nearly 25,000 Nepalese, who are mostly Hindu. Not to mention the 20,000 Goans who are Portuguese citizens and live in Portugal. There may be occasional manifestations of racism from some idiotic Portuguese in respect of those people, but generally speaking we respect them, easily associate with them and respect their hard work and contribution to our country's prosperity. We know Indian civilization is about 5,000 years old, that it is highly developed, and most of us sincerely respect it. The Hindu temple in Lisbon is visited by many Portuguese people who would like to know more about the Indian culture and civilization. So, please be assured that our feelings about India, India's culture, Indian immigrants in Portugal, and Portuguese citizens of Indian descent, is most positive. We might have dealt better with Goa and Goans before 1961, but I doubt that would have made any difference to India's ambition to take over Goa.

Best regards

Nuno

Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2024 at 11:19 AM
From: "'Pedro Mascarenhas' via Goa-Research-Net" <goa-research-net@googlegroups.com>
To: "Goa-Research-Net" <goa-research-net@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [GRN] Once again democracy prevailed in India.

Are you saying that with the manipulation of EVMs, Modi -NDA- saw his power diminish? And Rahul and Viriato gain the MP seats?

Do you, living abroad, know more than Rahul Gandhi and Parliament-elect Captain Viriato Fernandes (Goa)? So why didn't they protest?

I understand the desperation of some abroad. They do not present any evidence of cheating.

Your class mate Viriato fully believes in Indian democracy, which is why he ran for MP and served in the Indian armed forces with great pride. India: Fifth largest economy in the world, in addition to being a space and nuclear power.
Regards