Von: goal-boun...@eprints.org [goal-boun...@eprints.org]" im Auftrag von "Wise,
Alicia (ELS-OXF) [a.w...@elsevier.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 11. Mai 2012 11:19
An: Global Open Access List (Successor of AmSci)
Betreff: [GOAL] Re: OA and scholarly publishers

Hi all,

I’m glad we’re now moving our conversation on in new directions, and I’ld like
to suggest one which I hope will be productive.  The discussion on this list
often seems to me be based on the assumption that scholarly publishers are a
wholly negative force in the open access world, and a community to be
avoided/undermined/mistrusted at all costs.  This feels unwarranted to me – and
perhaps other publishers on this list who are not so audacious as to stick
their heads over the parapet.  So, knowing that positive messages are powerful
ways to influence:  what positive things are established scholarly publishers
doing to facilitate the various visions for open access and future scholarly
communications that should be encouraged, celebrated, recognized?

With kind wishes,

Alicia

Dr Alicia Wise
Director of Universal Access
Elsevier I The Boulevard I Langford Lane I Kidlington I Oxford I OX5 1GB
P: +44 (0)1865 843317 I M: +44 (0) 7823 536 826 I E: a.w...@elsevier.com I
Twitter: @wisealic