I would simplify it further:

"Because Open Access (OA) maximises research usage, impact and progress,
funders and institutions must require that all researchers provide OA to their
published research results."

Any form of dirigisme as to how this is to be achieved is best avoided.
Avoiding prescriptions for the means helps keep the focus on the goal and also
leaves the door open for imaginative ways of convincing researchers, funders
and institutions, and even of achieving more OA in possibly more effective ways.

Jan Velterop