I share Stevan's concern  ....  As an aside, WikiProteins apparently is not a
journal (the link given by Peter is to the journal ... Genome Biology).

The Genome Biology web page has a link to WikiProteins which is self-described
as a 'community database' ... at:  http://genomebiology.com/2008/9/5/R89#sec2
 and is still in beta.

"WikiProteins enables community annotation in a Wiki-based system. Extracts of
major data sources have been fused into an editable environment that links out
to the original sources. Data from community edits create automatic copies of
the original data. Semantic technology captures concepts co-occurring in one
sentence and thus potential factual statements. In addition, indirect
associations between concepts have been calculated. We call on a 'million
minds' to annotate a 'million concepts' and to collect facts from the
literature with the reward of collaborative knowledge discovery. The system is
available for beta testing at http://www.wikiprofessional.org
webcite<http://www.webcitation.org/query.php?url=http://www.wikiprofessional.org&refdoi=10.1186/gb-2008-9-5-r89>.
 "

Dana L. Roth
Millikan Library / Caltech 1-32
1200 E. California Blvd. Pasadena, CA 91125
626-395-6423  fax 626-792-7540
dzrlib at library.caltech.edu<mailto:dzrlib at library.caltech.edu>
http://library.caltech.edu/collections/chemistry.htm