On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Troy McClure wrote:

ive been browsing through the citebase and quite a few of such messages came up:

"This paper has been withdrawn by the authors due to copyright."
http://citebase.eprints.org/cgi-bin/citations?id=oai%3AarXiv%2Eorg%3Anlin%2F0301018

Stevan Harnad:

I have to admit that this is the first I've ever heard of any papers
being removed from Arxiv for copyright reasons. I will ask Tim Brody (creator
of citebase) to see whether there is a more sensitive way to do a count,
but using "copyright" and ("remove" or "withdraw") I found 6 papers out
of the total quarter million since 1991.

There are only 13 "deleted" (flagged as such by arXiv's OAI interface)
papers in arXiv.org, or 0.005%.

One of those papers is available as an earlier version:
http://citebase.eprints.org/cgi-bin/citations?id=oai%3AarXiv%2Eorg%3Anlin%2F0301018
(go to arXiv, click v1, get full-text)

Tim Brody