Dear All,

> Taxpayers paid for the research. We deserve to be able to access the results.
>
> The main point to emphasize is that taxpayers are entitled to access the
results of the research our tax dollars fund. >Taxpayers should be allowed to
immediately access and fully reuse the results of publicly funded research.

I would put it differently. The taxpayers should be allowed access, but most of
them would not be interested.
But with toll access, taxpayers actually pay for the research twice. Once when
it is done, and once again when
other researchers, funded by them as well, read it. So:

Taxpayers paid for the research. They should not pay twice.

Andras

-
Andras Holl / Holl Andras                 e-mail: h...@konkoly.hu
Konkoly Observatory / MTA CsKI           Tel.: +36 1 3919368 Fax: +36 1
2754668
IT manager / Szamitastechn. rendszervez. Mail: H1525 POBox 67, Budapest, Hungary
-