From: Subbiah Arunachalam
To: Global Open Access List (Successor of AmSci)
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 1:26 PM
Subject: [GOAL] Re: Meaning of Open Access

As someone living and working in a not-so-affluent country, I know the
value of gratis access to the journal literature of science and
scholarship. Let us not keep quibbling over definitions. What should guide
us now is the speed with which we can bring as much of the literature as
possible into the domain of gratis access. And by that yardstick Green OA
seems to be the best option. Believe me as we approach 100% Green OA, the
rest of all you want will follow.

Arun