Hopefully germane to this (developing) position, I've pushed for a CC-BY
use licence on all content exposed through the soon to be launched Research
Portal/IR at QUB. The leverage provided by RCUK's strong position on this
is at least one positive during what has been a difficult summer for policy
alignments. What we hope to achieve is a cascading
licensing arrangement flagged to the item record with the top level as open
as we can make it.

Garret McMahon
Queen's University Belfast