From the Springer website (http://www.springeropen.com/about):

SpringerOpen supports several international archives and digital repositories,
and encourages self-archiving by authors
All research articles published in a SpringerOpen journal are archived without
delay in several international archives. SpringerOpen also allows authors to
immediately deposit the official, final version of their published article in
any suitable digital repository. Several institutions and research funders have
introduced official policies requesting or requiring their authors to deposit
the articles they publish in a central archive. SpringerOpen fully supports
these deposition policies and is compliant with them.

Not least of these, of course, is PMC and UKPMC (now renamed European PubMed
Central) where the vast majority of Springer articles are (non-exclusively)
deposited.  To stop these papers from being OA PMC, European PMC, and every
institutional repository worldwide would need to be shut down or the
international copyright agreements underpinning CC licenses completely
rewritten.

I completely agree that robust digital preservation plans are essential.  But
the original question was what are the implications for OA of the Springer sale
and my answer is still that for the OA papers already published - none.

Further, I think this who point is moot.  What little I do know about
Springer's business suggests that the OA part of it is growing and profitable.
I haven't seen a plausible scenario whereby any new owner would want to cut off
the company's engine of growth either with a futile attempt to retroactively
take published papers out of OA (a move that would cause extreme repetitional
damage even if it worked, which it wouldn't) or discontinue current OA business.

David