From: Sally Morris [mailto:sa...@morris-assocs.demon.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 11:17 AM
To: 'Global Open Access List (Successor of AmSci)' <goal@eprints.org>
Subject: [GOAL] Re: [Open-access] Re: Hitler, Mother Teresa, and Coke

It's along time ago now, but Alma Swan and Sheridan Brown surveyed nearly
11,000 scholarly authors for ALPSP in 1998/9 and received 3 218 replies.

33% put communication with peers as their primary reason for publishing; career
advancement was next (22%). Personal prestige (8%), funding (7%) and financial
reward (1%) were way behind.

Sally

Sally Morris
South House, The Street, Clapham, Worthing, West Sussex, UK  BN13 3UU
Tel:  +44 (0)1903 871286
Email:  sa...@morris-assocs.demon.co.uk