Re: [GOAL] Re: Statement: Australian Open Access Support Group applauds new ARC
open access policy

During January there was some discussion on this list about the veracity of an
aspect of the statement* made by the Australian Open Access Support Group which
expressed support for the Australian Research Council's new open access policy
- http://www.arc.gov.au/applicants/open_access.htm

One of the points made was a question about whether the policy includes books.
The ARC has confirmed that their open access policy does include books.

The AOASG (http://aoasg.org.au) looks forward to working with book publishers
and the academic community to elucidate the issues and find working solutions
for making books resulting from public funding openly available.

*Statement available here -
http://aoasg.org.au/news/MED_ARCOAPolicy-PressRelease_20130114/

Dr Danny Kingsley
Executive Officer
Australian Open Access Support Group (AOASG)
Menzies Library, Building 2
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200 Australia

E: danny.kings...@anu.edu.au<mailto:danny.kings...@anu.edu.au>
T: +612 6125 6839
W: http://aoasg.org.au
Cricos Provider - 00120C

NOTE: I work three days a week: Mondays (on campus), Tuesdays and Thursdays. I
think about open access 24/7.