It would be more accurate to state that informa.plc owns Taylor & Francis (see
the company informa About page) rather than that informa is the umbrella
organization. The purpose of T&F is to earn profits for informa.plc
shareholders. Informa may prefer that scholars and librarians not focus on this
aspect of the company. My perspective is that it is very important for scholars
and librarians to be aware of the nature and purposes of the organizations to
which we give the visible results of our life's work (in the case of scholars)
and the bulk of the budgets entrusted to us by the universities we work for (in
the case of librarians).

Here is what I am seeing with respect to T&F self-archiving embargo policies:

General policies (thanks for the link, Charles):

Taylor & Francis mandates public access to the final version of your manuscript
twelve (12) months after the publication of the Version of Scholarly Record in
science, engineering, behavioral science, and medicine; and eighteen (18)
months after first publication for arts, social science, and humanities
journals, in digital or print form.
http://journalauthors.tandf.co.uk/permissions/reusingOwnWork.asp

T&F response to the post, "Journal editorial board quits over open access
principle":
Under our LIS pilot program, authors can freely post their (“post-print”)
manuscript immediately on publication – ie without any embargo.
https://theconversation.com/journal-editorial-board-quits-over-open-access-principle-13086

In summary, T&F has announced an LIS pilot program involving no embargoes on
self-archiving. Since the editorial board of the Journal of Library
Administration cited the embargo period of up to 18 months as a reason for the
mass resignation, I think it is reasonable to make the connection, that the
pilot program removing embargoes is a response to this mass resignation.

best,

Heather Morrison
The Imaginary Journal of Poetic Economics
http://poeticeconomics.blogspot.com