Sally,

Percentages, unfortunately, don't always mean much. I haven't read the Cox &
Cox report, but it would be interesting to know if the four largest publishers
– less than half a percent of publishers, yet together having a market share of
perhaps as much as two thirds of the scholarly literature – are in the 53%
mentioned, or not (or even in the 6.6% not requiring any written agreement,
albeit most unlikely). It would make all the difference.

Jan