From: goal-boun...@eprints.org [mailto:goal-boun...@eprints.org] On Behalf
Of Graham Triggs
Sent: 05 February 2014 15:11
To: Global Open Access List (Successor of AmSci)
Subject: [GOAL] Re: Charles Oppenheim on who owns the rights to
scholarlyarticles

An exclusive license, that prevents an author from exercising their
copyright rights, may be "as good" as a copyright transfer as far as a
publisher is concerned.

In terms of the statistics you quote, do you know if that covers all types
of publishers (for-profit, not-for-profit, societies, etc.), and if so, how
does the breakdown correlate with the type of publisher? And how are
publishers that publish a variety of closed, open and hybrid journals
accounted for?

On 5 February 2014 13:17, Sally Morris <sa...@morris-assocs.demon.co.uk>