Dear Dietrich,

In the nowadays full fledged Internet era, circulation is ensured by web search
engines, particularly with the younger generation.
Publisher-based circulation (of digital articles) is linked directly to
branding.
As long as branding remains the criterium of choice for research assessment,
this bias will survive.  All DORA signatories should keep this in mind and act
accordingly...

Best regards,

Bernard Rentier
Rector Emeritus