Good evening,

1. Considering how low the rate of compliance is in the Green OA landscape, it
seems very ambitious, to say the least, to hope that any mandate with the
additional constraint of licensing properly the deposits will reach a
detectable level at all. Let's prove first that we are able to persuade
researchers that they should participate in a complete filling of their
institutional repositories. Only when they will be convinced about the
advantages Green OA brings about for themselves (and they will be) will they
climb one step up and licence their work.

2. I wish to remind those who acknowledge that only a strong mandate linked to
evaluation procedures can generate compliance but who believe it is too
coercive, that in many institutions (mine at least) and for a long time,
researchers MUST deposit a reprint of each of their publications in the local
library. Coercion level is just equivalent.

Best regards,

Bernard Rentier, Liège.