Documented by Goa Desc Documentation Service
& circulated by Goa Civic & Consumer Action Network
(GOA CAN)<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
             CONSCIENTIOUS CANDIDATES.
When the Liberation of Goa from the clutches of the
Portuguese was successfully achieved and the colonialists
were booted out, the Goans heaved a sigh. This was the
moment of getting out of the darkest tunnel and stepping into
the sunshine, the period ahead promising a deserving freedom
with dignity as human beings.

As a reward of the freedom the late Jawaharlal Nehru, the
then prime minister of India promised Goans to safeguard
our distinct identity, our determination and our way of life.

Alas, Nehru is no more, now resting in peace in his eternal
abode, and with him gone are his promises resting in cold
storage!

I am optimistic that no patriotic Goans will not deny the fact of
the prevalent step-motherly treatment being meted out to us
Goans as the situation is being aggravated by our own
elected representatives.

Our ever greedy politicians are now hell-bent to drag this tiny
State to bankruptcy. I am positive that most people are
disgusted beyond tolerance with the manoeuvre of our
politicians yet it is surprising that we conveniently lay aside
our obligations and fall prey to the cunning tactics to these
politicians. Why are we so diligently pretending to be blind
and deaf towards the omissions and commissions of those
greedy predators?

We are now being forced to support a mid-term election
almost under duress. So in the same measure I earnestly
appeal all our voters to forget all our inclinations and affiliations,
and select and elect new unadulterated conscientious
candidates to guide the destiny of Goa.

Mathew B A Braganza - Tivim, Bardez
      Letter to the editor in Herald  8/4/2002        Page   6

GOA DESC RESOURCE CENTRE
Documentation + Education + Solidarity
11 Liberty Apts., Feira Alta, Mapusa, Goa 403 507
Tel: 252660 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]