In a message dated 04/17/2002 11:42:48 AM EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Instead of fighting over existing content, would it be impossible to find
new sources of generating content that adequately reflects the diversity of
Goan life?
 (My personal view is that ............... But, everything cannot and should
not be
 evaluated in terms of profitability. if it is not done by someone, how do we
expect
 to get the job done? A society that cannot generate ideas needed to take it
 forward, is a society enslaved...) >>

Dear GoaNetters:

After all that has been said and done, I like the way Fred has chosen to
fling down the gauntlet and hope we can all resolve to look forward in a
positive way.

The first responsibility naturally falls upon the Goanet Admin. Team to
establish the broad parameters for operation. IMHO, it has ages since the
last Policy Guidelines were issued. A dynamic list like Goanet, needs at
least quarterly pronouncements. Also, netters should know the composition of
the A-Team and recourses available :(

To get the subject ball rolling, I am initiating the subject discussions.
Only now is allopathy coming to grips with what was common knowledge to our
parents and forebears in the field of medicine :-) Leeches used to
controlling blood pressure in Goa, I've read are now used in modern surgeries.

Our parents brought home various roots and herbs from Goa and mainly used
home remedies which really worked. A Goan from New Delhi told me that their
family was privy to a wealth of such information, which is being passed down
through heredity.

While obviously there are some treasured cooking trade secrets, etc., would
it not be great if we share our talents for the greater good of the Goan
community? A recent example of a science problem solved by a kindly soul with
a caveat "hope this was not a homework assignment," gave me a chuckle. After
all, isn't it in giving that we truly receive?

This is just one avenue in which we can challenge ourselves towards helping
one another, instead of you know what?

Are there any takers?

Viva Goanet -- we can make it whatever we choose to:

Pat de Sousa
Maryland, USA