Hey, Tim to deal with politicians in Goa, one is forced to be crooked !
Which is one of the reasons why such few good people feature in politics.
Besides I think it's just a figure of speech the CM used to say that he can
get tough if needed.

All said and done Manohar Parrikar as CM is the best thing that has happened
to Goa in a long long time. This election is a good way of judging the
smartness of Goans in Goa. If they do elect the first non-corrupt,
hardworking, smart and sincere CM in a long long time (probably first one
ever) to power again, Goa will be on the way to further progress.... if the
last one year is anything to go by.

Otherwise, we can commence all our moans and groans again over poor
governance resulting in a shabby state of affairs in Goa......after all do
you see an alternative on the horizon ? Here's hoping the people elect
smartly this time at least instead of the usual way over casteist and
communal lines.

Cheers,
Sunila