Thanks for sending this Fred.

Now that I have read the PM's speech in English (I had heard the audio in
Hindi before on one of the internet sites)I cannot understand why there was
such a furore about it in the first place. In fact, both the times (i.e.
when I heard it in audio and when I read the speech in English) I tried to
find the controversial passages but couldn't find any. If anyone of you can
find a single statement in the PM's speech which is provocative and untrue
please let me know. At least it will give me an insight into somebody else's
way of thinking.

In fact, since my Hindi is not too good :-) when I first heard it on audio I
did think that the part about Muslims could be construed as provocative to
some. But after reading it in English I have actually changed my mind about
that too.

I would think some of the things George Bush said and says are far more
provocative but nobody made a noise about them. I tell you our media is fast
turning into a bunch of liars. Shame on them for stoking flames about
nothing at a time when the country is facing such severe and nasty communal
turbulence !

Cheers,
Sunila