The last chapter in this saga began abruptly and ended even more
quickly, before the bull could sense what hit him. Like the terrorist
attacks that befell this great nation of Chimbel, the events that
transpired at the top secret private meeting between the bull, the
sentient being, and the President's people who use "bull", the verbal
instrument, in the art of sophistry accompanying political and
business dealings, forever changed two ordinary lives. By the time the
bull emerged from the meeting his mind was thrust into such a quagmire
that he wished he had joined a circus as a professional juggler
juggling contradictory ideas for a living.

He was carrying in his hands a hurriedly typed rough draft of a
summary of the minutes of the meeting, which required him to sign an
agreement:

The draft read:

"The President's decision regarding the issue of the interspecies
marriage between Mr. Boil and Mrs. Bokdi-Boil is as follows:
(Pandurang had no clue about the specifics of any of this. He was not
yet able to say "interspecies", but he was going to be working on it.
He would be happy if he could say some of the words in this statement,
let alone remember them.)

This union is in the national interest. It is the only union of common
working people that is in the national interest. It addresses the
central social and economic issues of our lives. The proposal of Mr.
Boil to have a mixed breed calf or calves is a good one, because it is
pro-life. Such calves would also benefit our economy, because they
would provide a new resource for the agricultural and food industry,
struggling to market products to consumers whose dietary habits have
expanded due to the communal harmony generated by Hindus having been
forcibly converted to Christianity, and Christians having been forced
to adopt Hindu ways and first names, for fear of being scapegoated or
lynched by patriots. The first McDonald's restaurant to be opened in
Chimbel has already patented the rights to sell "Bokboilburger" in
four self-explanatory varieties, trademarked McBokboil, McBoilbok,
McGaibok and McBokgai.

The overseas trade assessment by our experts suggests that substantial
commercial activity can be generated by marketing this new form of
livestock to Muslims (those who we determine are against the
terrorists), and the Goan and Indian Hindus (those who deny they are
for the terrorists) who have adopted western ways.

We have always been bothered by the fact that we have not been able to
take advantage of the commercial benefits of cloning and embryonic
stem cells because of our politically fruitful pro-life agenda. We did
not want to terminate a life created by God through a natural union.
But we believe God would not mind if we used lives created through
perverted unnatural unions. So we believe we can continue to be
pro-life, and allow unrestricted cloning and embryonic stem cell use,
as long as it is conducted on an interspecies union. Towards this end,
a prominent multinational company that has had some financial trouble
recently, but is nevertheless known for its ability to be lucrative
for everybody, has diversified into the agricultural and food sector
by forming a new subsidiary, appropriately named Embryon, Inc. This
company will have their head office in the Independent Republic of
Chimbel, for which they will receive the appropriate tax breaks. Mr.
Boil and Mrs. Bokdi-Boil who have never received a tax cut and who
have never had the privilege of donating for a political cause will
receive both for their role in this enterprise.

In conclusion, there is the minor issue of the likelihood of loss of
life of the goat during delivery, should a bokodgai or bokodboil be
born. But we have concluded that sacrificing a goat in the national
interest is a small price to pay.

The President of the Independent Republic of Chimbel therefore issues
an executive order to Mr. Boil and Mrs. Bokdi-Boil to be the patriots
that, we are sure, they always wanted to be and kindly sign the
requisite documents in the national interest of this great country."

            ___________________________

Thus the story of the bull and the goat was not just the lost last
chapter of "Animal Farm", but it was also the first chapter of "A
Brave New World" part deux, which was going to be inaugurated with a
small involuntary sacrifice of a goat at an altar sanctifying the
backdoor fusion between religious conservatism and avaricious
capitalism, presided over by a clueless cowherd, whose wandering mind
was incapable of spotting the many seemingly insignificant detours
around the separation of the Church and the State, and the excesses
of profit-minded special interests motivated by greed.

Cheers,

Santosh