Documented by Goa Desc Documentation Service
& circulated by Goa Civic & Consumer Action Network
(GOA CAN)<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
-----------------------------
Over-Crowded Buses
-----------------------------
This has reference to the ill-fated bus that turned turtle at Neugi Nagar.
When its monsoon, every commuter should take precautions,
especially if he is travelling in a private transport meant for the commuters.

I request every person who boards a bus not to enter into an overcrowded
vehicle
for it's just not uncomfortable but also a risk to life.

As per my point of view I have seen at the Panjim bus-stand and also at Margao
that even when the traffic police instructs the driver to leave the bus
from the stand,
they (the police) are ignored - such drivers /conductors
should be taught a lesson by fining them heavily.

I have come across over-crowded mini-buses specially during rush hours,
travelling from Old-Goa to Panjim, Panjim-Bambolim, Panjim-Miramar,
Margao-Vasco and vice-versa. Once again I request every student and
office-going person not to risk your lives - its precious and we should
take care of it
for someone is waiting for us, who loves us dearly.

I also humbly appeal to the PWD and the other authorities concerned
to take precaution to maintain our roads. For when water is filled in
pot-holes
it goes unnoticed to riders and can lead to mishaps.

Finally to all vehicle owners ride carefully - lessen your speed and see
that your brakes,
horn, lights and above all tyres are in good and working condition for it
saves life.

Trevor Anes
Divar, Tiswadi
Letter in Response HERALD  27/6/02  page 6

GOA DESC RESOURCE CENTRE
Documentation + Education + Solidarity
11 Liberty Apts., Feira Alta, Mapusa, Goa 403 507
Tel: 252660 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]