Dear Netters,
----- Original Message -----
From: gabriel
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 3:01 AM
Subject: G.O.A (U.K.) Ltd last published accounts

Nice stuff your report on the teachers parade. Next time I come to Goa must
try and meet you and Aires Rod. I have sent this to goanet but it isn't
being posted any chance you could do it for me . I have written my name .
Cheers Gabe.

Dear Netters,

In deference to the Month of August being attributed to Goa, by the wishes
of Rene Barreto, I have withheld this publication.

I ask for assistance from any netter with the knowledge to help with
suggestions.

In the goanet-uk newsletter issue 2002-31 Aug 02, 2002 it was boldly
announced that the premier event of the Uk Goan calendar was taking place on
Sun Aug 4.. Attendance has averaged over 3000 in recent years.

The last published accounts for the year 2001 show an income of £904.  This
just can't be right, with each entrant paying £1  making a total of at least
£3,000. Cars being charged £2, let us say 500 cars being equal to £1000 not
to mention the stall holders paying for the privilege.  The beer stall
actually ran out of beer that year I am reliably informed. It was also
announced by the President that the Association paid a nominal sum for the
hire of the grounds.

Now the crux of the matter is that these accounts were passed  - proposed
and seconded by some friendly persons. They have a responsibility to the
members.  I would have queried the numbers but since I hadn't attended the
function was in no position to do so. Further more these accounts were
ostensibly audited by another friendly person although there was no
statement written or stated to give comfort to the members. The present
Board has not refuted the newsletter that was published giving it added
credence, as to the attendance figures.

The only avenue left to me would be to query the difference, if indeed there
is a difference between the last figures published and the ones to come for
the current year.

Is there any one out there who can make any other suggestion to tackle this
matter or indeed I welcome the Board of the G.O.A to comment directly on the
net.

Thanks in advance,

Sincerely,

Gabriel V Menezes.