WHAT'S ON IN GOA:
* Oct 04-06: Natl conf on Alzheimers, Hotel Majestic
* Oct 03-06: Wildlife Week, Goa Science Centre
* Mid-Oct: 2-day ornithologists workshop, Bondla southernbirdwing.com
* Oct 12: Goa State Strings Orchestra performs at Kala Academy (Corelli, Bach)
* Nov 29-Dec 1: Plant Utsav 2k2 at Panjim (demo, contest, sale of plants)

   I agree with you and am surprised by those Goans living in Dreamland (US) who
remain silent on a very important issue which concerns all freedom and justice loving
people worldwide. America is out to pull wool over the eyes of global citizens. I
condemn them.

    Iraq was once a friend of the US. It is they who encouraged Sadam, granted him
credit to buy arms to fight Iran, supplied him the chemicals he used to make napalm
which he used in Halabja on the Kurds.

     The US has o friends but only interests in the ME and Messrs Cheney/Bush are
determined to get their oil from a puppet government (Like the Ahmed Karzai govt. in
Afganistan) and be less dependant of Saudi oil. Their economy is driven by the supply
of cheap oil they have hitherto been getting from their suppliers. They are also keen
on the Caspian Sea Oil (Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan and Uzbecistan) with a pipeline
passing through Iraq to the Gulf to load their tankers bound for the US. They have
used nuclear weapons and they call elliminate every world citizen ten times over with
the arsenal they possess. Where are those who opposed Russian counterbalance to the
gangster policies of the US. Where are those who took sides? The US has been the
ultimate destination of many who have gone to benefit from the exploitation of world
mineral and agricultural resourses by the US. They are holding the world to ransom
with their huge economy, the World Bank and IMF, their Multi nation!
al companies that pressurise the poor to buy their genetical modified grains
(Zimbabwe) and opposing all progress that we as Asians and Africans and Latin
Americans have made in the near past. We are condemned to a situation which will turn
us to beggars with bowls in our hands. Where is God and is he an American. Does he
have a pigmentation and is he white?

     Oppose Bush's designs and I am sure this world can enjoy peace and prosperity if
we reject the yoke that keeps us in bondage.

      I am not agraid of Sadam Hussein even though I do not appreciate his hold on
power. But men like Batista, Pinocet and Mobutu have been worse tyrants than Sadam who
had developed Iraq to a standard higher than that in other Arab countries. Bush also
should solve the Palestinian/Israel problem as they are behind the atrocities with
their help to Israel.

   Edgar Martins