Dec 28 is the last Saturday of the last month of 2002. We're planning some
talks to draw diverse interests during our GNU/Linux meet that is being
held from 2 pm to 6.30 pm at the CSI office. Please note we start early,
in view of the extra number of talks volunteered.

Programme is as follows:

o 2 pm - 4 pm: Trevor Warren (to be confirmed) of Media Lab Asia on
embedded computing, GNU/Linux initiatives in Mumbai, Bombay LUG's college
initiatives, lobbying with governments, and the importance of LUGs.

o Demo of Knoppix, courtesy Ashutosh Naik, with support from Animesh
Nerurkar.

o Arvind Yadav: How Small Can You Get... a surprise talk and demo.

o Blinston B2: Talk on stack overflow security exploits... "I can run you
through how they are done... how to write them.. and how to check and
correct your code for possible exploitable sections. The target audience
would be people working with C."

o FN will put up a demo on 'freely borrowable and copyable GNU/Linux CDs,
magazines and books'.

TALKS FOR FUTURE: Arvind Clement has offered to do his 'anatomy of a
security attack' demo in Panjim. This is slated for a future meeting.

WANT TO check out which mailing lists you could subscribe to? Send a blank email
message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Ongoing: Exhibition of paintings, Art Chamber, Calangute www.goa-art.com
Dec 23-Jan 7: Dayanita Singh's photo exhibition, Art House Tel 2276123
Jan  18-19: International kite carnival at Morgim beach, Pernem